Fourth Annual Fall Auction
The Raleigh Aquarium Society will sponsor its third Fall auction on Sunday, September 14, 2014. @ 11:00am at the James Martin Building on the NC State Fairgrounds (same location as last time). On-site registration is from 9:00am-11:00am with the auction beginning at 11:00 am. Anyone may buy or sell items related to the aquarium and pond hobby, including fish, invertebrates, plants, equipment, books, food, art, etc., and participants (buyers or sellers) do not have to be RAS members. Free registration this year for current club members of any aquarium club (proof required), but non-members must pay a $5.00 registration fee.
Register ONLINE in advance if possible at:
http://www.mygroupauctions.com. If not, or if you have additional
last-minute items to register on-site, PLEASE COME EARLY to register
your items. The User's Guide (instructions) can be viewed or downloaded here:
Rules for Bidders:
1. Any person wishing to bid must register and receive a bidder number prior to bidding.
2. A valid driver's license or state issued ID card is required to register to bid.
3. The Raleigh Aquarium Society will accept cash or checks as payment for auction items.
4. All purchases must be paid for before any item leaves the room where auction is held.
5. Auction items may be inspected prior to the auction and during designated breaks.
6. In all cases the decision of the Auctioneer and Auction Chairman is final.
Rules for Sellers:
1. Any person wishing to sell items must complete all registration documents and agree to the terms of the auction. (Use MyGroupAuctions.com to pre-register your items and print labels if you can, to minimize the morning traffic jam at the registration table).
2. Live items must be properly bagged and of suitable size to maintain water quality throughout the duration of the auction. Proper fish bags must be used. Ziploc bags may be used for dry items or plants, not for fish. Fish in Ziploc bags will be removed from the auction. Very large fish must be in a bucket, not a bag. Fish must be bagged with ample air and water (about 1/3 water, 2/3 air). Don't overcrowd fish. Multiple bags may be joined together as one item if necessary.
3. RAS may re-bag items as necessary and will charge sellers a $1.00 re-bagging fee which will be taken off the price received for the item.
4. The Auction Chairman has the right to remove any item from the auction that is incorrectly bagged, appears sick or diseased, or otherwise deemed un-saleable.
5. Priority stickers can be purchased for $1.00 each on a first-come-first-serve basis. There will be a limited number of priority stickers sold. Priority stickers will be available at the Registration Table. You can put priority stickers on your own items, OR on items you want to buy (if you need to leave early).
6. Tanks and dry goods items will be put into a separate silent auction in the back of the main auction room. If any Buyer or Seller wishes them to be sold as part of the main auction they may purchase a priority sticker and move the item into the main auction. Silent Auction items should be priced in minimum of $1.00 bid increments. Priority stickers should be placed on the item, not the sheet.
7. Once an item is registered it may not be withdrawn except by the Auction Chairman. Silent Auction Chairman has the right to request that small single dollar items be consolidated into a lot. Silent Auction ends at 2:00pm with item pick-up at 3:00pm
8. Sellers have the right to put a minimum bid on any of their items. This must be clearly labeled, or the item may be sold under minimum price. Minimum bids must be at least $5.00.
9. Sellers may remove the minimum bid or item with approval from the Auction Chairman.
10. Any item not claimed at the end of the auction becomes the property of RAS.
11. The first dollar of EVERY SALE will go to RAS. After the first dollar, the Seller will receive 70% of the balance (for RAS members) or 60% of the balance (for non-members). For example, if your item sells for $11, a RAS member would get $7 and a non-member would get $6.
12. No payments will be given on the day of the auction. Checks will be mailed out in a timely fashion after the auction in your pre-addressed envelope. Be sure to address your envelope so that it is CLEARLY legible so that it can be delivered by the Post Office. RAS is not responsible for delays in Sellers receiving payment due to illegible envelopes 13. All decisions of the Auction Chairman and/or auctioneer are final.
14. RAS claims no responsibility for any item entered in the auction, or any personal injury that might occur during the auction or on the auction site.
MY GROUP AUCTIONS - REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS:
The User's Guide (instructions) can be viewed or downloaded here: